Avon Planning Services Limited (APS) is an independent professional town planning consultancy offering a wide range of town and country planning services to the public and private sector including expert advice on the submission and assessment of planning and related applications and appeals covering domestic, commercial, industrial, agricultural and renewable energy developments.
APS is a small but expanding firm of planning professionals offering competitive rates to public sector clients due to low overheads where every project is given the personal touch.
Since 2007 APS has specialised in advising public sector clients, delivering training events to assist in achieving quality status, assessing and commenting on planning applications, representing councils at appeal hearings and Inquiries and most recently in preparing and delivering Neighbourhood Development Plans.
Since 2014, APS has been retained as a planning consultant for the Warwickshire Association of Local Council's (WALC) where their membership base has access to its professional services.
The Managing Director, Neil Pearce holds a Bachelor of Arts Honours degree in Urban and Regional Planning and a Diploma in Town Planning.
Neil is a Chartered Town Planner and member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) and is a former Director and Trustee of the Town and Country Planning Summer School charity.
Neil has over 16 years experience in local government having worked for Bournemouth Borough Council, Coventry City Council, Stratford-on-Avon District Council and as a Development Manager at Wychavon District Council.
In addition to local government appointments, Neil has been an independent consultant since 2003 assisting a broad range of clients including local planning authorities, town and parish councils.
Areas of Expertise
APS offers expert advice on a wide range planning related topics including:
- Training and development
- Protocol and procedural health checks
- Advice on preparation of Standing Orders
- Advice on planning applications
- Representation at public meetings
- Negotiating with developers on behalf of the client
- Representing clients at written appeals and hearings
- Expert witness at Public Inquiries
- Development and site appraisals
- Project management
- Neighbourhood Area applications
- Neighbourhood Plan preparation and advice
- Advisory role for residents groups and associations
- Mediation with local planning authorities